Luketa M’Pindou, originaire de la République Démocratique du Congo (RDC), est le fondateur de l’Alliance Jeunesse-Famille de l’Alberta (AJFAS) et Directeur général de l’AJFAS depuis 1999.
M. M’Pindou est titulaire d’un baccalauréat en gestion de l’école des hautes études commerciales de Montréal (HEC) de l’Université de Montréal. Les jeunes ambassadeurs itinérants (JAMIT), Jeunesse et éducation à la citoyenneté et la caravane contre le racisme et la discrimination dans les écoles et la communauté.
- President of the Caravan Youth Justice Committe Society with Alberta Justice & Solicitor General since 2010 to date
- Member of African Community Liaison Committee with Edmonton Police Service since 2008 to date
- Member of the Sectoral Commission, Social Sciences and Humanities of the Canadian Commission for UNESCO (2011 to 2017)
- Chair of the Regional Ethnocultural Advisory Committee of the Prairies, and member of the National Ethnocultural Advisory Committee of Correctional Service Canada (2005 – 2016)
- President of the Boards of Referees of the Alberta Regional Division, and in particular for the District of Edmonton (Employment Insurance): REGULAR NOMINATION OF THE GOVERNOR GENERAL OF CANADA IN COUNCIL (2006-2013)
Governor in Council (GIC) appointments are made by the Governor in Council – the Governor General acting on the advice of Cabinet. An Order in Council is the legal instrument, which, when signed by the Governor General, formalizes an appointment.
Individuals appointed by the GIC play an important role in Canada’s democracy by serving on commissions, boards, crown corporations, agencies and tribunals across the country.
- President of the Saint-Jeanne d’Arc School Council of the Center-Nord School Council (2006-2013)
- Member of the Committee on Partnerships and Accessions at the Canadian Commission for UNESCO (2007 to 2011)
- Northwest Director of the Federation of Francophone and Acadian Communities (2004 -2006)
- Alberta Community Representative on the Citizenship & Immigration Canada Steering Committee – Francophone Minority Communities Co-Chair of the Francophone Immigration Subcommittee of Alberta (2002-2005)
- Vice-President of the French Canadian Association of Alberta (ACFA Provincial 2002 – 2004)